Thursday, July 3, 2014

Shedd Aquarium Chicago IL

When I was growing up I visited this aquarium almost once a year, so much so that it started to seem common.  The front facade is roman and matches the nearby Field Museum.  The columns are a few stories tall and the building is on the Lake Michigan shore.

The entrance is very grand with ceilings that are several stories high.  This room is very memorable, almost more interesting than the exotic fish inside the tanks.












Much of the rest of the aquarium is what I assume most aquariums are like, though I have not visited very many.  The amphitheater that they have shows with some of the larger animals has a row of windows that overlooks Lake Michigan.  I think that this is a classic version of what an aquarium looks like.




No comments:

Post a Comment