Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cain's Ballroom Tulsa OK

I listen to music constantly though out the day, live music is really a passion but it's hard to go to concerts in the Midwest I feel like.  Acts might play in Dallas, but many musicians avoid Oklahoma by the large.  Luckily there is one venue in Oklahoma that actually draws artists to play there, I've been there twice.

The first time I was a freshman at Oklahoma State, I actually went to a concert there with four or five people that were going to OU.  We went to see a band called Ghostland Observatory, the show being great, even though we had not planned the trip out very well.  We ended up staying in a motel for the night, even though we had planned on driving back to Norman after the concert.  I was not overly impressed with the appearance of Cain's, but I've realized at this point that appearances aren't always the deciding factor.

The acoustics in Cain's are great, they have a great sound system and I guess the general layout just works great for music shows.  It's one of the best places to see live music in my opinion, because music just sounds good throughout the whole venue.  One of my friends from Tulsa has mentioned to me that apparently the dance floor is spring loaded and moves up and down. I was skeptical of this being true, but apparently the maple dance floor rests on some Dodge truck springs.


No comments:

Post a Comment