Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rosewood Crescent Hotel Dallas TX

For some reason I decided to convince a few of my friends to get a room with me at probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at for OU/TX weekend a couple years ago.  I had seen the building a few times throughout the years whenever I was in Dallas, but I was never really sure what I was looking at.  The complex is triangle shaped, the base being a large office building, the tip of the triangle being a fancy shopping center.  Between the two there is a courtyard that is used for parking along with a hotel with the same construction as the office building and shopping center.  The architecture present is different than much American architecture, though I can't personally place it.





The hotel was very impressive, everything about the construction brought about a feeling of luxury, the purpose of such an opulent building.  I liked the feel of a little peace in the midst of one of the busiest areas of Dallas, especially during such a busy weekend as OU/TX.  I did not really look around the shopping center at all, probably because I was broke after renting a room out of my income bracket, but I did enjoy the close proximity to McKinney Ave.  The shopping center is itself a little triangle containing a central courtyard with fountain that I'm sure I'll enjoy the next time I win the lottery.




The room was nice, actually quite spacious, though this hotel was built a few decades ago.  The only noise complaint we received was as soon as we arrived for the weekend, after I felt like we could be thrown out at any moment.  Quite a common occurrence, getting kicked out of your hotel room during OU/TX weekend, I think it had happened to me the year before.  Needless to say, this place was way too nice for us, but we actually had fewer problems than we do with most hotels.  Every room had a french balcony, a wrought iron balcony that was detailed matching the entry gate and other metalwork on the buildings.



 It was actually a good experience, though most of the time I felt worried that we were gonna break something expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment