Thursday, June 19, 2014

Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium Norman OK

Football is such an integral part of American culture, although I've never been a football player I suppose I can be considered a lifetime fan.  Going to school here at OU, I've been immersed into a culture that is rooted with a strong tradition of football pride.  Few football programs can measure up to the program that OU has, I think that in many ways the stadium reflects that.  Being inside for a game is truly an experience to rival any other football game, the size of the stadium being a large part of that experience.

It's a little odd, being around such a stadium everyday, for such a huge thing to become commonplace.  Driving by the Oklahoma sign everyday makes me think about how weird it will feel when I don't see it daily, or walking by the clock side of the stadium.  It's presence is constant, something I will remember about my college days for my entire life.

On game day the stadium's presence is alive and vibrant, almost every weekend during football season seems to be an event.  Being outside of the stadium is as impressive was being within, though the fervor of a game makes the inside more exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment