Thursday, June 12, 2014

ClayDesta Center Midland TX

This building I spent much of my time in throughout my youth, because my father has worked in this building my whole life.  His job is not very glamourous, but it's in a thriving industry, so a local businessman decided to have a complex of office buildings built. I have never actually been into the other buildings, though one of them is more striking exteriorly. 
The columns that flank the sides are made of stone, but stone not too refined.  There are a few balconies on the sixth floor and overhangs at each entrance.  The inside is really amazing, with an atrium that rises six floors to glass pyramids.  The balconies act as hallways in front of separate business offices.


The bottom floor has a courtyard that is surrounded with planters full of trees and other plants.  A small creek moves around the heavily "forested" part of the atrium, leading to a central pond.  In the pond there are lights and a fountain that shoots up several stories.  There used to be fish in the creek and ducks, though I heard too many duck casualties were caused by the fountain so I think they quit restocking them.

Needless to say I didn't mind accompanying my dad to work, and I spent a lot of time running around this place.  I've brought up broad points, but there is actually an attention to detail in this place that is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment