Thursday, June 26, 2014

Perla's Seafood and Oyster Bar Austin TX

There is a lot of architecture in the city of Austin that is very interesting.  Many new constructions or renovations in South Austin use a modern approach, with certain touches that draw it back into the style of the region.  Both of my brothers live there so I'm in the city quite often and when I was trying to think of a good example of architecture in Austin I thought about this restaurant.  It was opened five years ago, I've only been there once to eat with one of my friends that recently moved to Austin.

When I went there I actually did not experience the things I like most about this restaurant's architecture.  We went at night, during the winter, so we did not sit on the patio which is the best feature of this restaurant in my opinion.  The patio is very inviting, it's a little oasis shaded by spanish oaks just steps away from one of the busiest streets in Austin, South Congress.  When we went it was winter, they actually had a pavilion constructed around the patio so that it could still be used.


The building's construction is modern, but not in a jarring way, to me it almost complements the trees and the intimate nature of the patio.  The windows let in light, though when I went it was night and the light system is quite dim.  The inside is very classic, with clean colors and little touches throughout.  The design is reminiscent of any seafood restaurant, but a little nicer.  There is a large fish tank in front of the concrete bar.  I think that this restaurant is a very good example of how modern design can be used to complement regional design.

No comments:

Post a Comment